Wednesday 21 August 2013

SOUL post: Foodies Unite

Hey guys,

So yesterday I was lucky enough to go to the Foodies Festival Feast at Battersea park for FREE! I was lucky enough to win two tickets via Wholefoods Market .I don't usually enter competitions let alone win so I was über happy when I received the email saying I was one of the lucky winners!


I decided to take my mum, who deserved a nice outing, she was my partner in crime for the day.



We began browsing the various stalls looking for a bite to eat. As soon as mum saw the Caribbean food, she opted for it! She got a huge plate of curry goat, rice & peas, jerk chicken, coleslaw and festival all for £8! The company is called Deli Jerk. I opted for Chicken Pad Thai from Bang Wok Thai, same price but not the same taste an authenticity of the Caribbean. I was not impressed.

After lunch we then had drinks and enjoyed the performances that were on stage. There were also cooking and drinks theatres where one cook learn how to mix the perfect mojito for instance or learn the art of being a master chocolatier.

After enjoying the entertainment at the man-made beach we went in search of one of our favourite vegan cake bakery. Global fusion. I managed to also buy an ice cream cone- honeycomb I believe.  



X



No comments:

Post a Comment