Tuesday 27 January 2015

SONG Post: Final Year Commercial Music Student- Moonlight In The Clouds

Hi all!

I hope you all are having a great week this week. I recently recorded my debut piano solo EP 'Moonlight In The Clouds'- a work inspired by my favourite French composers: Yann Tiersen, Erik Satie and Chopin to name a few.




Here I channeled film music, drawn by the subtleness and cinematic nature of Neo Classical pieces. My love of film music started a long time ago when I studied French GCSE in secondary school. I remember learning French and wanting to improve so picked up a copy of the DVD 'Amelie'. Yann Tiersen's compositions stuck with me since then and it was not until last academic year at university in Composing For Visual Media where we had to compose 10 minute compositions for a clip of video of a silent movie that my love was re-ignited and inspired.



I really enjoyed the process of recording a pool of 20 compositions to begin with and choosing four out of those to record professionally. The recording process went smoothly, I enjoyed playing on the Yamaha baby grand for the day.
















Here you can listen to 'Moonlight In The Clouds' a piece I composed in secondary school, since then it has developed in terms of dynamics as well as adding phrases and melody.




Below I will show you artwork for this project. I really enjoyed creating this artwork with the minimal, black and white monochrome visuals. As a female I tried to keep this feminine in terms of having my hair curled, as well as in terms of the pose. I feel like the photographer did a great job here.





For anyone that would like to check out my new website dedicated to music you can here: http://ekeishamusic.weebly.com . Here you can have access to all compositions, gallery and more!






X

No comments:

Post a Comment